GREEN TEAM EVENTS
The Green Team is planning the following community events:
- Saturday, April 24, 2021: “Live Green” Kits and Games. The Hopewell Valley Green Team will be handing out Live Green Hopewell Valley! kits containing information on recycling, home waste audits, saving food, anti-idling, and more. There will be a Scavenger Hunt option using a bingo card highlighting items around the park including natural features, built features, and lawn signs addressing environmental issues that the Green Team has been working on. The target audience is everyone who lives in the Hopewell Valley, with a special focus on children and families. Participants are required to wear masks and follow all CDC, state, and local health guidelines. No registration required. Three socially distant events will take place at different locations throughout the area:
- 9:00 to 10:00 am, Hopewell Borough Park (South Greenwood Ave., Hopewell Borough)
- 11:00 to Noon, Woolsey Park (Pennington-Washington Crossing Rd., Hopewell Township)
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm, Kunkel Park (King George Rd., Pennington)
- September 11, 2021 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection (location to be determined)
- February 6, 2021: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
September 26, 2020from 10 am to 4 pm: Hopewell Harvest Fair (Cancelled).
- September 12, 2020 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
- May 16, 2020 from 10 am to 4 pm: Virtual Pennington Day.
March 14, 2020: Mercer Green Fest (Cancelled).
- September 21, 2019: information table and water cooler stations at the Hopewell Harvest Fair.
- September 7, 2019: Stuff the Trucks (Styrofoam, Paper, Household items) Click here to see details about it on our Recycling Events page.
- May 18, 2019: information table at Pennington Day.
- February 2, 2019: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
The inaugural HV Green Week will be April 18-24, 2021. On the schedule are films, workshops, lectures, discussions, a forum, tree planting, trail hike, and more.
GREENING TOGETHER CELEBRATION OF EARTH WEEK
April 24-30, 2021: The Mercer County Sustainability Coalition of green teams is organizing a week of events including stream clean-ups, tree planting, a demonstration of electric landscaping equipment, discussion panels, and more.
THE WATERSHED INSTITUTE EVENTS
- Center is closed until further notice. All events are taking place via web streaming service.
COMMUNITY YARD SALES
- Pennington Borough had planned to organize a town-wide yard sale to take place on May 2, 2020.
- Hopewell Borough‘s annual town-wide yard sale weekend was cancelled (had been planned for June 13 & 14, 2020).
ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVALS
The Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival Dates for 2021 to be determined. The festival will be held virtually instead of at Drexel University.
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival (PEFF) April 13-18, 2021. Streaming online via Eventive platform.
LOCAL RECYCLING EVENTS
Go to Recycling Events page of this website.
March 27, 2021, 8:30-9:30 pm Local Time (Go to: Earth Hour)
April 22, 2021 (Go to: Earth Day)
BIKE TO WORK MONTH
May 2021 (Go to: Bike to Work Month in Greater Mercer County) Bike To Work Day is Friday, May 21.
NATIONAL FARMERS MARKET WEEK
August 1-7, 2021 (Go to: Farmers Market Week)
AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
November 15, 2021 (Go to: America Recycles)