HOPEWELL VALLEY GREEN WEEK April 18-24, 2022
The second annual Hopewell Valley Green Week took place April 18-24. On the schedule were films, speakers, workshops, lectures, an eco-trivia night, repair café, tree planting, trail hike, and more. The Hopewell Valley Green Team contribution conducted a Virtual Forum on Sunday, April 24: Decarbonizing Your Home. A video recording is available here.
GREENING TOGETHER CELEBRATION OF EARTH WEEK April 23-30, 2022
The Mercer County Sustainability Coalition of green teams held a super-week of events including stream clean-ups, tree plantings, a series of virtual forums, and Instagram bingo. The celebration culminated on April 30 with a Green Get Together at Lawrence High School, offering a Bike Rodeo, Electric Vehicle Meet-up, Worm Composting Demonstration, and more.
GREEN TEAM EVENTS
The Green Team will be at the following community events:
- May 21, 2022: We will participate in Pennington Day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (rain or shine)
- September 17, 2022: We will participate in the Hopewell Harvest Fair (rain date Sept. 18)
- April 30, 2022: Green Get Together at Lawrence High School, as part of the Mercer County Greening Together celebration of Earth Week (April 23-30).
- September 11, 2021 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection. New location in Hopewell Township.
- July 23-25, 2021: we had a table at the Hopewell Valley Arts Council’s new event, “The Junkyard: Upcycle Art Exhibition” at Woolsey Park.
- April 26, 2021: Journey to Zero-Waste, part of Greening Together 2021 (Mercer County Sustainability Coalition).
- April 24, 2021: Hopewell Valley Green Week “Live Green” Kits and Games.
- February 6, 2021: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
- September 12, 2020 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
- May 16, 2020 from 10 am to 4 pm: Virtual Pennington Day.
- September 21, 2019: information table and water cooler stations at the Hopewell Harvest Fair.
- September 7, 2019: Stuff the Trucks (Styrofoam, Paper, Household items) Click here to see details about it on our Recycling Events page.
- May 18, 2019: information table at Pennington Day.
- February 2, 2019: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection.
THE WATERSHED INSTITUTE EVENTS in Pennington NJ
- August 6, 2022: Butterfly Festival. Read about it here.
- October 1, 2022: 47th Annual Watershed FEST. Read about it here.
COMMUNITY YARD SALES
- Pennington Borough‘s town-wide yard sale: May 14, 2022 (rain date May 15). Info here.
- Hopewell Borough‘s town-wide yard sale: June 11-12, 2022.
ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVALS
The Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival March 30-April 3, 2022.
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival (PEFF) October 12-24, 2021. Streaming online via Eventive platform.
LOCAL RECYCLING EVENTS
Go to Recycling Events page of this website.
March 26, 2022, 8:30-9:30 pm Local Time (Go to: Earth Hour)
April 22, 2022 (Go to: Earth Day)
BIKE TO WORK MONTH
May 2021 (Go to: Bike to Work Month in Greater Mercer County) Bike To Work Day is Friday, May 21.
NATIONAL FARMERS MARKET WEEK
August 1-7, 2021 (Go to: Farmers Market Week)
AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
November 15, 2021 (Go to: America Recycles)