GREEN TEAM EVENTS
The Green Team is organizing the following event:
- September 12, 2020 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection at a location to be determined.
The Green Team was planning to have a booth at the following community event:
September 26, 2020from 10 am to 4 pm: Hopewell Harvest Fair CANCELLED
- May 16, 2020 from 10 am to 4 pm: Virtual Pennington Day
March 14, 2020: Mercer Green Fest (Cancelled)
- September 21, 2019: information table and water cooler stations at the Hopewell Harvest Fair.
- September 7, 2019: Stuff the Trucks (Styrofoam, Paper, Household items) Click here to see details about it on our Recycling Events page.
- May 18, 2019: information table at Pennington Day.
- February 2, 2019: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection at the Toll Gate Grammar School, Pennington.
THE WATERSHED INSTITUTE EVENTS
- Center is closed until further notice. All events are taking place via web streaming service.
- Green Cleaning Webinar on Wednesday, June 3 from 12:00 – 1:15. Free but you must register in advance.
- Build A Rain Barrel on Saturday, June 6 from 1:00 – 3:00 via virtual connection with Americorps Watershed Ambassador ($50 for materials).
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS
Shrink Your Footprint: On Your Plate on April 1, 2020, from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Princeton Public Library.
COMMUNITY YARD SALES
- Pennington Borough had planned to organize a town-wide yard sale to take place on May 2, 2020.
- Hopewell Borough‘s annual town-wide yard sale weekend is cancelled (had been planned for June 13 & 14, 2020). However, the bulk waste pickup is still scheduled for June 16 so there will be scavenging (“REUSE”) opportunities.
ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVALS
The Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival New dates: September 23 through 27, 2020 (was April 1-5) at The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University (1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia).
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival (PEFF) New dates: October 12 through 18, 2020 (was April 13-19) at the Princeton Public Library.
LOCAL RECYCLING EVENTS
Go to Recycling Events page of this website.
March 28, 2020, 8:30-9:30 pm Local Time (Go to: Earth Hour)
April 22, 2020 (Go to: Earth Day) The 50th Anniversary!
BIKE TO WORK MONTH
May 2020 (Go to: Bike to Work Month in Greater Mercer County)
NATIONAL FARMERS MARKET WEEK
August 2-8, 2020 (Go to: Farmers Market Week)
AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
November 15, 2020 (Go to: America Recycles)