GREEN TEAM EVENTS
The Green Team is organizing the following event:
- September 12, 2020 from 12 to 3 pm: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection at a location to be determined.
The Green Team will have a booth at the following community events:
- March 14, 2020 from 11 am to 4 pm: Mercer Green Fest
- May 16, 2020 from 10 am to 4 pm: Pennington Day
- September 26, 2020 from 10 am to 4 pm: Hopewell Harvest Fair
- September 21, 2019: information table and water cooler stations at the Hopewell Harvest Fair.
- September 7, 2019: Stuff the Trucks (Styrofoam, Paper, Household items) Click here to see details about it on our Recycling Events page.
- May 18, 2019: information table at Pennington Day.
- February 2, 2019: Styrofoam, CDs, DVDs and wine cork collection at the Toll Gate Grammar School, Pennington.
THE WATERSHED INSTITUTE EVENTS
- First Sunday Films https://thewatershed.org/films/
March 1, 2020: “The Pollinators” https://thewatershed.org/the-pollinators-march-1-2020/
- Rain Gardens for Homeowners on Wednesday, February 19 from 6:30 – 8:00 at The Watershed Institute
- Organic Yard Care & Lawn Alternatives on Thursday, March 12 from 6:30 – 8:00 at The Watershed Institute
- Build A Rain Barrel on Saturday, June 6 from 1:00 – 3:00 at The Watershed Institute ($50 for materials)
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS
- Landscaping With Native Plants with garden designer Judith Robinson on March 4, 2020, 7:00 at the Hopewell Train Station. Event is presented by the Hopewell Public Library. Free.
- Shrink Your Footprint: On Your Plate on April 1, 2020, from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Princeton Public Library.
COMMUNITY YARD SALES
- Pennington Borough is organizing a town-wide yard sale to take place on May 2, 2020.
- Hopewell Borough‘s annual town-wide yard sale weekend is scheduled for June 13 & 14, 2020.
ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVALS
The Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival is April 1 through 5, 2020 at The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University (1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia).
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival (PEFF) is April 13 through 19, 2020 at the Princeton Public Library.
LOCAL RECYCLING EVENTS
Go to Recycling Events page of this website.
March 28, 2020, 8:30-9:30 pm Local Time (Go to: Earth Hour)
April 22, 2020 (Go to: Earth Day) The 50th Anniversary!
BIKE TO WORK MONTH
May 2020 (Go to: Bike to Work Month in Greater Mercer County)
NATIONAL FARMERS MARKET WEEK
August 4-10, 2019 (Go to: Farmers Market Week)
AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
November 15, 2019 (Go to: America Recycles)